Re: Buglist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Siebert
Subject Re: Buglist
Date
List pgsql-general
I learned MySQL then went on to Postgres. I chose postgres for my in
house project just because of the row locking and transactions. Looking
back I could have used MySQL. I have yet to use stored procedures or
many of the high level functions of Postgres however transactions make
things so much cleaner. I do not think MySQL is a bad system. It works
well for many people in many situations. I think that MySQL and SAP
getting together could be very exciting. When it comes to SQL databases
I would say we have a wealth good choices. This if I use PHP I have to
use MySQL is a load of tripe. PHP can work just fine with Postgres. I
hate to even suggest this but has anyone thought of  adding PHP to the
languages that you can use to write stored procedures in Postgres?