Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
Date
List pgsql-general
> *nods* I was clarifying that a GPL lib can't be linked with a non-GPL
> bit of code w/o the non-GPL code becoming GPL, even though it doesn't
> apply in this case, unless Command Prompt licenses their plPHP under
> the GPL.

Were not going to license under the GPL. We did initially for a few
brief minutes, because I was under the false impression that PHP was
GPLd and I did not want to pay for the bandwidth for the insuing
flameware if we didn't follow the GPL.

We are not GPL fans by any means and that is why we relicensed under the
PHP license. We are also no opposed to just giving it the standard BSD
but the PHP license seemed to make sense.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake