Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: dblink_ora - a first shot on Oracle ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There seems to be some disagreement on whether the Oracle lib checks
> should be in configure for a /contrib module, and I don't know how far
> Hans is.  I will say we are probably looking at 7/28 for beta.

I am afraid I won't make it until 7.4beta1.
The problem is that I have not managed to have more than just one
connection to oracle at the same time. For some Oracle reason I don't
know what went wrong. I will have a closer look at that.

However, named connections don't make too much sense with just one
connection ;). I have troubles testing it as long as the connect fails ...
There is some other Oracle specific stuff which seems to be more painful
than I have expected.
Have I already told you that I hate Oracle?

Let's wait for the next major release and prepare something really
useful. I am still not quite satisfied with what we have at the moment.
Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria