Re: Can't switch the postgres user.. - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Marvin
Subject Re: Can't switch the postgres user..
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Ok, I have downloaded and decompress the file:

cygwin1-20030710.dll.bz2
 From the snapshot link indicated in footnote [10]
-Stopped and remove the services (ipc-daemon & postmaster)
-Rename the dll to cygwin1.dll
-Reinstall and restart the services.
-chown postgres /usr/share/postgresql/data
-Logout and login with postgres account
-initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data

Got the following error:

postgres@guaj215desa ~
$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... chmod: ch
anging permissions of `/usr/share/postgresql/data': Permission denied

initdb failed.

What can I do.

MAGO