Can't switch the postgres user.. - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Marvin
Subject Can't switch the postgres user..
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Thank you Roger and Jason.
I downloaded the cygipc-1-14.1 and installed on my XP
Everything goes fine until I do the step:

8. Initialize PostgreSQL (*when running under the "postgres" account*):

mgonzalez@guaj215desa ~
$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "mgonzalez".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/base... mkdir: cannot create direc
tory `/usr/share/postgresql/data/base': Permission denied

initdb failed.

mgonzalez@guaj215desa ~
$ su postgres
Password:
su: incorrect password

As you see, I tried to change the current user to postgres.  I left the password blank by pressin ENTER twice.

What I am doing wrong (again).

Thank you in advanced for your patience.

MAGO

  IncrediMail - El E-mail ha evolucionado finalmente - Haga clic aquí
Attachment