debian / cvs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Raphaël Enrici
Subject debian / cvs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote :

>>So,
>>I've just uploaded pgadmin3 for Debian woody,testing and unstable. If
>>someone on the list can test this, it would be nice...
>>Scripts seem to
>>be ok now and daily snapshots can be built automatically
>>

>OK, that's good news. - we should probably add the scripts to CVS at some point.

Concerning this proposal, I think it would be great and surely help
automates build although it's  surely not compliant with the actual
feature freeze (we'll surely do this for a next release, isn't it ?).

Now I have some question:
Everything concerning debian packaging is located in a directory named
"debian" that looks like this for the moment:
    debian/README.Debian
    debian/changelog
    debian/control
    debian/copyright
    debian/dirs
    debian/docs
    debian/rules
This directory if found under something like packagename-version,
permits the package to be built by launching a single command. <here is
the question ;)> So, can you confirm that pga3's tarball sources of
freezed or beta versions will be released with the main directory called
something like :  pgadmin3-xxxx where xxxx is the version number
(something similar to what is done in the snapshots' tarballs
"pgadmin3-0.1.1"). If it's the case and if we simply put the "debian"
directory in it, the package can be simply built typing a single command
on a debian system (dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot).

I'm currently looking for the best practices concerning debian packaging
and cvs. Debian has some tools that helps managing packages files in a
cvs repository (in particular, it helps managing differents versions of
files for differents releases of debian) but I'm not sure it's the best
way of doing the job.

Regards,

Raphaël