pga3: Feature Freeze - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject pga3: Feature Freeze
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
OK then guys, it's about time I pulled this together.

First some applause
-------------------
Thanks to the efforts of Andreas, Keith, Jean-Michel, Adam and Hiroshi,
all of
the packagers, all of the translators and the alpha testers we know have
an
excellent start for the first release of pgAdmin III. My personal thanks
all of you, including anyone I may have missed.

Feature Freeze
--------------
So anyway, having had at least 2 calls for additional features it's time
pulled my finger out and we moved into feature freeze prior to our first
beta.

That means that from now until we release, the only CVS commits made
will be
bug fixes, documentation updates and translation updates.

What next?
----------

- Mark has spent most of this week working on getting a nice Content
Management
  System together for the pgAdmin III website. This is nearing
completion at
  which point we can assemble various docs, faqs, screenshots etc.

- All bugs reported must either be resolved immediately, or added to the

  BUGS.txt file if they are going to take a while.

- Documentation should be checked. Please take a minute to read through
what's
  there and submit patches to correct any errors.

- Translations should be fairly stable from now on, making the
translators
  lives easier. This is one area I cannot help with so will have to
leave
  things in Jean-Michel and the translators capable hands.

- Packaging should be finalised for each platform. Problems need to be
added
  to BUGS.txt where appropriate and raised on list so we can ge them
sorted.
  I will handle the Win32 packaging.

- Let's aim to release Beta 1 on 21st July with PostgreSQL. This is
  particularly good for me because I am on leave that day, and once the
cat's
  gone to the vet I can sit down with my laptop all day! Once we release
the
  Beta, I think we should stop producing all binary snapshots. Any
objections?

Anything else I've missed?

Cheers, Dave.

P.S. I will be on leave from work from the 24th July to the 6th August.
For at
least a week during that time I will probably be without email access.