Re: Might do the Danish translation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Might do the Danish translation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Troels Arvin wrote:

>Hello pgadmin hackers,
>
>I think I'll do the translation to Danish.

Hi Troels,

welcome to the pgAdmin Translators Team!

> Currently trying to make the
>gettext tools to work properly on my system.

Which OS do you use? On win32, poEdit will install everything for you.
On Linux, I got some lib problems with poEdit.

>Gosh - sometimes it's difficult to translate: A simple word like "view"
>doesn't make much sense in a database context if translated literally...

If you don't find a widely understood expression for "view", just don't
translate it.
How about this?

ERZEUGE SICHT dietollesicht ALS
    WAEHLE spalte1, spalte2
     VON tabelle1 T1
     VERBINDE tabelle2 T2 BENUTZEND (schluesselspalte)
     LINKS VERBINDE tabelle3 T3 AUF T3.nochnespalte=T2.nochnespalte
    WO spalte1 > 5
    GEORDNET NACH spalte1, spalte2

Hm, while looking at this, I'll propose to pgsql-hackers to translating
the parser as well... :-)

Regards,
Andreas