dblink for Oracle - question ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject dblink for Oracle - question ...
Date
Re: dblink for Oracle - question ...  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Re: dblink for Oracle - question ...  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
A few days ago I have posted a pre-beta version of dblink_ora which is
supposed to solve some problems we had here at Cybertec (getting data
from an Oracle DB and merge it with PostgreSQL). I have implemented a
simple piece of code (more proof of concept than production).

Since I have not got too much response (just one posting off list) I
expect that there are not too many people who are in need of this
feature. Am I right or is there somebody out there who wants to see it
in contrib? If there is serious interest in this feature we'd make it
work with PostgreSQL's build system and we'd add some documentation as
well as some more code.
If not we will keep using it for internal purposes.
Regards,
    Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria