Re: Migration wizard cannot connect via ODBC - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: Migration wizard cannot connect via ODBC
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 22 Jun 2003 at 21:33, Dave Page wrote:

> > Thanks.   http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/ seems to be down just now...
>
> Looks OK from here.

And now from here.

>  From
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2003-03/msg00068.php:
>
> FYI - If you have anyone else reporting this issue, MyODBC 2.50.19 looks
> to be the go!

Thanks for that.  I've just tried version 2.50.39 (latest on website)
and it seems fine too.

For what it's worth, the migration gets this error:

Creating table: newforum1_bodies Copying data...

An error occured at: 22/06/2003 5:11:40 PM:
-2147467259: ERROR:  parser: unterminated quoted string at or near
"'<HTML>tr -d "" at character 72

Rolling back... Done.

Sounds like the data contains extra "s which are not being escaped.
Here's what I found:

mysql> select * from newforum1_bodies where body like '<HTML>tr -d
%';
+-----+------------------------------------------+--------+
| id  | body                                     | thread |
+-----+------------------------------------------+--------+
| 155 | <HTML>tr -d "                            |    155 |
1 row in set (0.08 sec)

mysql>

If you want me to try a patch etc, I can do that.  Otherwise, I'll
just modify the data.

And if you're on IRC or MSN, email me offlist and I'll send you my
contact details.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/