Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert Treat wrote:
> are people willing to delay releases for marketing purposes? we seem to
> be into a nasty habit of release on holidays which means it has taken us
> a few days to get all of the websites updated and emails sent out. if we
> could get core to support the idea that a release date must get approval
> from the advocacy guys before it can be announced that would be helpful.

I have no problem with that. More to the point, even things like the
release numbering are (unfortunately) more of a marketing issue these
days than reflecting any technical aspects.

> that's the kind of issue that i see causing problems with the technical
> side of the community and i'm not sure any amount of credibility with
> the users will help.

The latin word "credere" means trust. One can only proove that he's
credible (trustworthy) if we let him.

Jan