Re: Select query takes long to execute - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Select query takes long to execute
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 29 May 2003 at 8:58, Kevin Schroeder wrote:
> If anyone has any ideas as to why the query is taking so long and what I can
> do to make it more efficient I would love to know.

Check yor shared buffers setting and effective OS cache setting. If these are
appropriately tuned, then it should be fast enough.

Is the table vacuumed? Is index taking too much space? Then try reindexing. It
might help as vacuum does not reclaim wasted space in index.

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Wait!  You have not been prepared!        -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday",
stardate 3113.2