Re: pga3: Online Help - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: pga3: Online Help
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Dave Page wrote:

>That's a little out of our control (obviously), and to be honest, I'm nt sure
>it'll happen even if we asked for it. It'd require every patch that added a new
>feature to include those magic words.

I still believe that this is the better solution, making it easier for
users that migrate.

>Oh definately. However, if we don't do anything out of the ordinary with the
>online help, then we might just as well use the wx class that supports chm
>files (wxHelpProvider(?) - I don't have the docs right now) and ship the
>current documents for PostgreSQL as well, as we do at the moment in pgAdmin II.
>How fast is that - do you know?

Didn't try so far. We might use this for the pgAdmin3 app documentation
(as soon as we find a lyrically advanced hacker...)

>Of course, that'll help for those without a permanent net connection as well.

No problem; a file link is accepted. Could be set in the installation
procedure if desired (HKCU\software\pgAdmin III\SqlHelpSite)

Regards,
Andreas