Re: where can i download pgsql for windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: where can i download pgsql for windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> CoL schrieb:
> > ftp://209.61.187.152/postgres/postgres_beta4.zip

That file contains an older development snapshot of the Win32 port done
by PeerDirect Corporation. PeerDirect has stopped the development and
contributed "parts" of what's inside that beta4 to the open source
community. Bruce Momjian is currently nagging me on a daily base with
questions about it while trying to squeze these parts into 7.4.

And that the above address resolves to mysql.org does not mean that
MySQL AB in Sweden is now shipping PostgreSQL to have Transactions and
Foreign Key support. It is a leftover from the times where NuSphere
needed the mysql.org domain. The ftp server still says "Welcome to
NuSphere", which is PeerDirect now.

Anyhow, AFAIK that beta4 is not any more supported and there will not be
any final release of PostgreSQL or UltraSQL by PeerDirect.

Jan