Re: Completely stuck - cannot get pgcrypto to work. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Completely stuck - cannot get pgcrypto to work.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Richard Curtis wrote:
> The problem I have is no matter what I try, I get "ERROR:  Load of file
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgcrypto.so failed:
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pgcrypto.so: undefined symbol: px_get_random_bytes"

[...snip...]
>  cd ./contrib/pgcrypto/
> changed makefile to use "dev".
> make
> make install
> make installcheck
> all tests fails.
>
> If however, I dont change the makefile, i.e. I leave it using "silly",
> everything works!!!!

I just tried it here on Red Hat 8.0, and Postgres 7.4devel (but I don't
believe pgcrypto has changed since the 7.3 release) and it works fine.

In the Makefile, did you do:
   random = dev
or
   random = 'dev'

If I use the former, it works. The latter, however gives me the same
error you are getting.

HTH,

Joe