Re: DBD::Pg installation difficulty during make test - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DBD::Pg installation difficulty during make test
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Donald Tucker" <dtucker@arlut.utexas.edu> writes:
> "DBI->connect(dbase=MYDBASE) failed: FATAL 1: IDENT authentication failed
>  for user "MYUSER"."

> I have the configuration file set up NOT to use IDENT authentication:

> local all trust
> host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

Sure looks like it thinks it should be using IDENT.  Perhaps you used to
have IDENT lines in pg_hba.conf?  If so, I'll bet you forgot to SIGHUP
the postmaster after changing the config file.  (See "pg_ctl reload" for
a convenient way to do this.)  The only other possibilities I can see
are that DBD is trying to talk to some other postmaster, or that you're
editing the wrong config file.

            regards, tom lane