Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 9, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Gerard wrote:

> On Monday April 09, 2007 at 10:19:53 (AM) Erik Jones wrote:

>>> We've been working with a consultant to re-design/optimize some
>>> existing DB systems we have running, and his background is mostly
>>> Oracle and DB/2.  Some of the optimizations -- actually
>>> operationally related choices on how to do things -- are remarkably
>>> off-base for Postgres.
>>
>> Can you give some examples of this?  It's not that I don't believe
>> you, I'd just like some concrete examples from someone in your
>> situation.
>
> Erik, would it be possible for you to post in 'plain text' and not
> HTML?
> This is a mail forum, not a web page.

Hmmm...  I didn't have anything HTML set anywhere.  I did however
have message formatting set to Rich-Text (although I was unaware) and
have switched that to plaintext.  This look better?

erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software developer
615-296-0838
emma(r)