Re: [GENERAL] division by zero - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [GENERAL] division by zero
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
<snip>
>>FWIW, this also is a problem with some of the windows ports.  For
>>example, 'select 0/0' is unpredictable and can cause the server to gpf
>>and restart.  This does not include the SRA port, because I don't have
>>it.
>
> I just tested the SRA Win32 threaded port and both SELECT 1/0 and SELECT
> 0/0 crash the process.  I have reported this to Tatsuo.

Reported the issue to the Apple guys earlier on today, but haven't heard
anything back from them yet.

Guess we'll have to wait a few days to find out where things are at in
regards to MacOS X.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi