Re: [GENERAL] division by zero - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [GENERAL] division by zero
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
<snip>
> 2. Consider this Apple's problem and file a bug report.

Is there a good place to report errors to Apple for this kind of thing?

Was chatting to one of the guys in the MacOSX development team at Apple
a while ago and can pursue it through there if needed.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> 3. Both.
>
> I don't care for answer #1 alone, because it would only catch zero
> divides in the specific places we put in tests; internal errors would
> likely go uncaught.  So I think a complaint to Apple is in order.
> I'm not sure whether to also put in zero-divide guards.  Comments?
>
>             regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi