Re: 7.3.1 takes long time to vacuum table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: 7.3.1 takes long time to vacuum table?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20 Feb 2003 at 13:23, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> P.S. Have just received your other email while writing this, and the
> procedure you described is pretty close to what we're doing. However, we
> need to manually add back various constraints/default values into the
> table columns which is a bit of a pain... wish it could be a little more
> automatic.

Well, postgresql DDL's are transaction safe. So if you rename a table in a
transaction, that won't be visible until you commit transaction.

That is the reason I described transaction in my last mail. If you encapsulate
it that way, it should not affect any referential constraints anyway. At least
that is the theory. Try it and let us know..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
intoxicated, adj.:    When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce
it.