Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command
Date
Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Cramer <dave@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>
>>Ok, if a patch were submitted to the parser to allow the syntax in
>>question would it be considered?
>

> I would vote against it ... but that's only one vote.

As a thought, will it add significant maintenance penalties or be
detrimental?

There seem to be quite a lot of Informix people moving to PostgreSQL
these days, moreso than Oracle shops.  Might have been brought on by
IBM's purchase of Informix.

Wondering if this one change be a significant improvement in regards to
making it easier to migrate, or just a minor thing?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

>             regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi