Re: [PHP] 7.3.1 BREAKS COMPATIBILITY with the latest PHP4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Chapman
Subject Re: [PHP] 7.3.1 BREAKS COMPATIBILITY with the latest PHP4
Date
List pgsql-general

> I am happy for you-- you got YOUR copy of PHP 4.3.0 working with YOUR
> copy of PostgreSQL 7.3.1. However, two questions:

It illustrates that they are compatible.

> 1) How can I do the same?

I don't know.

> 2) Were you previously using PostgreSQL 7.3.0?

No.

 If so, you most likely
> HAD A COPY of libpq.so.2 still floating about in
> /usr/local/postgres/lib or wherever... A mediocre and kluge-y solution
> at best. (So everyone installing PostgreSQL 7.3.x with PHP for the
> first time is required to FIRST install 7.3.0, THEN install 7.3.1 atop
> it, to get both versions of libpq.so?  That would be a horrendous
> band-aid-ish solution. C'mon, we're all above that sort of rubbish.
> This is PostgreSQL, not Microsoft SQL Server. ;) )

You are jumping to assumptions here. Probably in your troubleshooting
as well. However, this was a fresh install of Slackware 8.1, fresh
install of apache, fresh install of php. I merely followed the
documentation.

John Chapman
CNI Consulting
johnc@cniconsulting.com