Re: PostgreSQL at CeBIT? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PostgreSQL at CeBIT?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Justin Clift writes:
>

>>Any idea on what kind of or how much presentation space, or any other
>>details?
>

> Well, if we have "general interest", then they will send me more
> information.

Yep, we can definitely say we have "general interest".  Would also like
to pass the info on to some other main Open Source projects too, as
they'd likely be interested as well.

> Judging from the CeBIT I attended two years ago, it will probably not be
> much more than a table within a larger stand/area organized and decorated
> by the sponsor.

Ok, sounds pretty cut back, but it also sounds better than nothing.  We
might be able to achieve a stronger presence by having several large
Open Source projects involved all together too.

> The real question is whether anyone would want to come and participate in
> the organization of this thing.  I could do it, but not the whole week all
> alone.

Good point.  Lets get some more details from them, and then see if we we
can raise the level of interest around the place.  There is a pretty
well established PostgreSQL presence in Germany, so it should be
possible to have a few people there.

> Btw., I know there are other exposition and conference type events where
> free software projects can get presentation space, but in the past this
> has mostly failed to materialize for us because of the lack of manpower,
> and secondarily because of the lack of a project concept for such things.

Totally agreed.  However, "Open Source" has become a media buzzword now,
so we might be able to leverage from that to further interest.

It's probably worth a shot.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift