Re: Sun vs. Mac - best Postgres platform? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Sun vs. Mac - best Postgres platform?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
<snip>
 > I've been finding FreeBSD way faster than Linux.  But yes.

Out of curiosity, have you been trying FreeBSD 4.7x or the developer
releases of 5.0?  Apparently there are new kernel scheduling
improvements in FreeBSD 5.0 that will help certain types of tasks and
might boost our performance further.

Would be interested in seeing if the profiling/optimisation options of
GCC 3.2.x are useful as well.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift