Re: dropping template1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: dropping template1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9 Jan 2003 at 7:05, Dan Langille wrote:
> > If you absolutely instist, shutdown postmaster, go to database dir, do a rm -rf
> > there and doa initdb once again. Clean as slate..
>
> My initial concerns about the above advice where related to users and
> groups and the potential for loss of that data.  After reading
> http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/managing-databases.html
> I'm not as worried, but it got me wondering...  Where are the user and
> group data held?

Of course in the same place. But if you are feeling lazy to drop each function
by hand, what is the alternative left?

You decide which one is labour intensive? Dropping functions or recreating
users..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Ingrate, n.:    A man who bites the hand that feeds him, and then complains of
indigestion.