Re: ODBC fails connection - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: ODBC fails connection
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 17 Dec 2002 at 13:26, javier garcia wrote:

> Data Source: PostgreSQL          ->   Right?

This is the name of the DSN which you set up on the client machine -
make sure it's a "system DSN" rather than a "user DSN".

> Database: Name_of_my_POstgreSQL_database   -> Right?

No - the name of the database on the Linux machine.

> Server: IP address of my Linux machine   -> Right?

Right.

> Port:                       Don't know?

5432 is the default Postgres port, unless you've changed it on the
Linux machine for some reason.

> User Name:              Does this user need to be created in the
> database and also as a Linux machine users?

No - only in the database.

> Password:             The same question

Same answer!

> ODBC: fallo la llamada           ->  (the call failed)
> Could not connect to the server;
> Could not connect to remote socket (#101)

Make sure that you start Postmaster with the -i option, otherwise it
won't accept TCP/IP connections.

HTH!

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals