Re: Running under Cygwin: stability - performance? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From mlw
Subject Re: Running under Cygwin: stability - performance?
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

George Weaver wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to PostrgeSQL.  I'm considering using it to
> support a distributed application that potentially could be used on a
> Windows 9x system.  What is meant by the terms "stable" and
> "unstable"?  If PostgreSQL is not stable enough on 9x systems for
> production, would I be advised to explore other options for database
> support??

Understand, when we say stable, we mean relaible, dependable, and
doesn't need to be rebooted for months or years. Windows, any version
thus far, does not meet the minimum requirement of "stable," Windows 9x
less so.

That being said, if Windows 98 is stable enough for your application, I
would not say that PostgreSQL is any less stable than your environment.