Re: Running under Cygwin: stability - performance? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print
Subject Re: Running under Cygwin: stability - performance?
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

Michael Weaver wrote:
> Can anyone provide me with info on the performace and stability of
> PostgreSQL runnning under Cygwin? MIKE WEAVER
> Software Developer
>
> 5, 42 Ladner Street
> O'Connor, WA, 6163
> All correspondence:
> PO Box Y3502
> East St Georges Terrace
> Perth WA 6832
>
> P: (+618) 9331 2700
> F: (+618) 9331 3733
> M: 0419 299 170
> W: http://www.corpusglobe.com/
> E: mweaver@corpusglobe.com
> This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
> named above and may contain information that is confidential. If you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
> prohibited. When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice
> contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions
> expressed in the governing Corpus Globe client engagement letter. If
> you have received this Email in error, please notify us immediately
> by return email or telephone +61 8 9331 2700 and destroy the original
> message. Thank You.

Its been performing fine for me since pg7.1. The most major performance issue that I am aware of is that new conections are slow as for fork everything has to be copied. Also there is a limit of ~60 connections. This is assuming NT, under 9x its too unstable for production.

hth,
- Stuart