About pgaccess tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From * Tong *
Subject About pgaccess tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm looking the appropriate ways to handle the pgaccess tables.

My problem is, I use 'pg_dump -C $db' to backup my database. But the
pgaccess tables are backuped also. I want a clean backup of my database
only, so I've been dropping the pgaccess tables before doing the backup.

This is a bit troublesome but I get what I want. But for
pgaccess-0.98.8b2, the trick seems no longer applicable any more.  After
I dropped all the pgaccess tables, I get the following error when trying
to start pgaccess again:

Error in startup script: ERROR:  Relation "pga_scripts" does not exist

     while executing
"pg_select pgsql4 {SELECT *
                FROM Pga_scripts
               WHERE scriptname ~* '^autoexec$'} recd {
         eval $recd(scriptsource)
   ..."
     ("uplevel" body line 1)
[...]

So, what is the best way to keep a clean backup of my-database-only
while keep pgaccess happy?

Thanks!

tong