Re: C++: get value for integral types? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: C++: get value for integral types?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11 Nov 2002 at 11:44, Vassil Kriakov wrote:

> It makes me very uneasy doing a (int *) on char* PQgetvalue(...) just
> because i EXPECT it to give me an int type. And of course the question
> of user-defined types!?

I went thr. the entire thread quoted in this mail. One thing I don't understand
is casting int* on a string.

I always did an atoi(PQgetvalue()). I thought that was the way. What's the
problem exactly?

Dunno about binary tuples. Never used it..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Tussman's Law:    Nothing is as inevitable as a mistake whose time has come.