Re: OT: mailing list delays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: OT: mailing list delays
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Postings by those note on the lists (ie. reading through newsgroups) get
> put into a queue to be moderated ... today, I went through ~400 messages,
> of which <100 were legit (non spam) postings ... when I came in on Monday,
> there were >1000 messages to weed through ...
>
> I try to go through it daily during the week, but there are days where it
> just isn't possible, so it gets delayed a day or three ...

I remember years ago when spam from newsgroups found their way
into the lists. Despite the delay in approved messages, I just
wanted to voice a "Thank You" for filtering. It is a job which
does not get much praise, so I thought I'd change that trend...

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Richard Huxton wrote:
>
>>There's another post with someone who hasn't been seeing any messages.
>>I'm getting stuff mixed together from the last few days. Is this my
>>problem or is anyone else seeing it too?

>>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

P.S.: This tip should be removed...

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com