Re: protocol change in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: protocol change in 7.4
Date
Re: protocol change in 7.4  (Satoshi Nagayasu <pgsql@snaga.org>)
Re: protocol change in 7.4  (Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@snaga.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
> There has been some previous discussion of changing the FE/BE protocol
> in 7.4, in order to fix several problems. I think this is worth doing:
> if we can resolve all these issues in a single release, it will lessen
> the upgrade difficulties for users.

<snip>

> If I've missed anything or if there is something you think we should
> add, please let me know.

Is there any thought about changing the protocol to support
two-phase commit? Not that 2PC and distributed transactions
would be implemented in 7.4, but to prevent another protocol
change in the future?

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com