Re: Wikis - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Wikis
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Justin,
>
> > A "lets try it out and see how we can best make it work for us"
> > mentality is in operation here at present.
>
> Not that it helps for Wiki functionality, but the president of Bricolage is a
> pretty active member of the PostgreSQL community, and would probably donate a
> copy of their content management system if we asked him.  Bricolage may be a
> little "big" for our needs, though.

Yep, considered that.  Asked on the CMS list (there's a mailing list for
CMS systems with about 2k members on it), and the majority of responses
recommended a Wiki after telling them exactly what was needed.  :)

Additionally, a couple of other commercial places also offered to let us
use their CMS system at no cost which is nice.

So, if the Wiki idea can't be beaten into shape, there are backup
methods available.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift