Re: Postgresql 7.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vincent Lim
Subject Re: Postgresql 7.2.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear sir(s)/madam(s),

I have upgraded to 7.2.3 as advised. However, I still get the following
errors:

DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 00000000000000DE
FATAL 2:  open of /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_clog/0747 failed: No such file
or directory
DEBUG:  server process (pid 22689) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
    The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
    died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
    I have rolled back the current transaction and am
    going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
    Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG:  database system was interrupted at 2002-10-29 15:03:03 MYT
DEBUG:  checkpoint record is at 0/DFEDA738
DEBUG:  redo record is at 0/DFEC7624; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
FALSE
DEBUG:  next transaction id: 3664616; next oid: 24748
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery
in progress
DEBUG:  redo starts at 0/DFEC7624
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/DFFA5E80
DEBUG:  redo done at 0/DFFA5E5C
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
FATAL 1:  The database system is starting up
DEBUG:  database system is ready
DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 00000000000000DF
DEBUG:  recycled transaction log file 00000000000000E0

It seems to me that the fix in 7.2.3 doesn't do the job well?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
--
Vincent Lim
Software Engineer