Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Peer to peer replication of Postgresql databases
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 Oct 2002 at 16:39, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 04:04:29PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > On 11 Oct 2002 at 16:29, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:54:15PM +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > > I will look at it, too.  Thanks for the link.  In some cases, starting
> > > anew is faster than learning unmaintained existing code.
>
> Ok.  Checked out what usogres is.  It is not what I want.  I don't want
> a static `main database'.  It should simply a cluster of them - just like
> a set of Raid-0 disks, may be with a tempory controller for some tasks.

Well, I don't think adding support for multiple slaves to usogres would be that
problematic. Of course if you want to load balance your application queries,
application has to be aware of that. I will not do sending requests to a mosix
cluster anyway.

> Also, as a matter of fact, usogres is not unmaintained code.

Glad to know that. I wrote to author with some suggestion and never got a
reply. Didn't bother joining mailing list though..

Regards,Shridhar

Shridhar Daithankar
LIMS CPE Team Member, PSPL.
mailto:shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in