Advocacy web site - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Advocacy web site
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I was just going thr. the web sites and noticed some points.

1) On advantages page, immunity from over deployment does not cover the basic
fact that postgresql is extremely slim package. A vanilla install does not
exceed 20MB or odd. As against getting oracle 9i installed under 500MB..

License is an issue but I guess it shouldn't replace humble nature of
postgresql itself..

2) Case studies: IMO we need some links to more information as in evaluation
tests passed for a particular deployment, server and network infrastructure,
peak and average load, mission criticality of system, backups and replication
etc.. These details would show off postgresql strengths with an example..

3) Additionally on advantages page, it would be great if there are more links,
like replication linked to a list of available solution. Do we expect a person
to google for 'postgresql replication' after reading that description?

Just some thoughts..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff ofreliable,
well-engineered commercial software?"(By Matt Welsh)