Re: [HACKERS] Large databases, performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Large databases, performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 3 Oct 2002 at 18:53, Manfred Koizar wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:47:03 +0530, "Shridhar Daithankar"
> <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> >I believe that was vacuum analyze only.
>
> Well there is
>
>     VACUUM [tablename];
>
> and there is
>
>     ANALYZE [tablename];
>
> And
>
>     VACUUM ANALYZE [tablename];
>
> is VACUUM followed by ANALYZE.

I was using vacuum analyze.

Good that you pointed out. Now I will modify the postgresql auto vacuum daemon
that I wrote to analyze only in case of excesive inserts. I hope that's lighter
on performance compared to vacuum analyze..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Mix's Law:    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary building.    There is
nothing more permanent than a temporary tax.