Error after updating postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carfield Yim
Subject Error after updating postgresql
Date
Re: Error after updating postgresql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi, after upgrade to Mandrake 9.0, I can't start my postgresql server. I
find that when I run postmaster, I get the following message:

postmaster successfully started
PGSTAT: bind(2): Cannot assign requested address

I find that this is not related, there are no program using this port.
And even if I disable using TCP I still can't setup the server. However,
if I don't run "postmaster" but run "postgres", then it is ok to start.
I have check the log file, but don't get anything logged. Anyone know why?

--
              \\\|///
              \- - -//

Programming discussion groups
Software design: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design
Design Pattern: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.design.pattern
java: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.java
linux: news://news.carfield.com.hk/programming.linux