Re: two databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: two databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26 Sep 2002 at 12:19, mourad_dhambri wrote:

> I am creating a query in a database db1 that retrieves data from another database db2.
> How can I do this in PostGres?
> In Oracle I can write "select * from db2.table1.field1".

You can use dblink function in contrib that allows you to create database links
just like oracle..(OK may not be comparable but still..)

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
"How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I onlycoded
it."(Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting)