Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
<snip>
> > While it doesn't have to be a symlink as opposed to some sort of config
> > file, I don't have the slightest problem with saying that we don't
> > support relocation of xlog on older Windoid platforms.
>
> Agreed.  Win 4.X is pretty dead.  I added this thread to TODO.detail.

Huh?  You've got to be joking.

Many of the *really large* enterprises around (i.e. with 40k+ PC's, etc)
are still running WinNT 4, due to the migration issues with upgrading.
Aka, Too Many Things Break when they move to Win2k, etc.

Although MS no longer considers WinNT 4.0 to be a supported platform,
there are *lots* of big places still running it.

That's part of the reason some of the bigger corporates are looking for
MS alternatives.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi