Re: possible vacuum improvement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: possible vacuum improvement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3 Sep 2002 at 15:39, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > Actually that's what I did. Update global  transaction counter
> > than trigger the
> > vacuum from a spare thread.
> >
> > but having it in DB has advantages of centralisation. It's just a
> > good to have
> > kind of thing..
>
> Care to submit it as a BSD licensed contrib module then?  Or at least create
> a project for it on http://gborg.postgresql.org/ ?

Sounds like a nice idea. I would do that by this week end, once I finalise the
details about it.

Give me couple of days to finish it. Will come back soon with that..

ByeShridhar

--
Reporter, n.:    A writer who guesses his way to the truth and dispels it with a
tempest of words.        -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"