Re: VIEW or Stored Proc - Is this even possible? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephen.Thompson@bmwfin.com
Subject Re: VIEW or Stored Proc - Is this even possible?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion I will look into this further.

The reason this issue exists is to do with address details. What we have is
an address table based upon the PAF address structure. IE house number,
house name, street, locality etc. The software that we are using to perform
a mail merge will not remove blank lines from the address so we can end up
with an address label looking as:

My House

Main Street

Any Town
County

My soultion requires the database to change the position of fields to remove
blank elements from the address list. I would then see on the address label:

My House
Main Street
Any Town
County