Re: Heap tuple header issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Heap tuple header issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Manfred Koizar wrote:
> .  Overall performance
>
> If Joe Conway can be talked into running OSDB benchmarks with old and
> new heap tuple header format, I'll provide patches and instructions to
> easily switch between versions.  Or, Joe, can you tell me, what I need
> to have and need to do to set up a benchmarking environment?

I just grabbed a copy and followed the instructions as found on
sourceforge. Just search on OSDB. Get the source tarball and the 40MB
test dataset.

I guess I could be talked into running some more tests, but they take a
few hours of run time for each iteration, during which I can't use my
dev machine (at least if I don't want to affect the results), so it's a
bit of a pain.

We should probably coordinate off-list and then just report back the
results.

Joe