C vs. C++ contributions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc Lavergne
Subject C vs. C++ contributions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am working on a rather extensive Oracle compatibility layer that I use
with PostgreSQL. I am considering contributing the code back to the
project but the problem is that the layer is currently implemented in
C++. Simply looking throughout the sources and the dev FAQ, there's
never any mention of C++ (libpq++ excepted). So, at a risk of stating
the obvious (and I'm 99.99% sure I am), does backend code need to be
submitted as C even if it's for an entirely NEW module?

Thanks,

Marc L.

PS: (Background) The code originally started out as client-side C++ code
for a project but I'm seeing the value of it for the server side for
achieving SQL*Net compatibility.