Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi James,

James Hubbard wrote:

<snip>
> Keep in mind that I was primarily focusing on the potential to include it with
> something like OpenOffice.  This is why I said that my post was a little far
> fetched.

My understanding of this is that the OpenOffice.org guys don't want
either PostgreSQL nor MySQL as their inbuilt database, but are instead
looking at an altervative Open Source database (HSQL I think, don't
remember for sure).

Doing just what you proposed (getting a Win32 version of PostgreSQL and
offering to the OpenOffice.org people) was suggested to NuSphere a few
months ago, after Jan joined them.  For some reason (not sure why) it
wasn't something which they decided to pursue.

Good suggestion though James.  :-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift