Re: SQL server application porting headache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oskar Berggren
Subject Re: SQL server application porting headache
Date
List pgsql-general
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Oskar Berggren wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a Windows application (not written by myself) that uses ODBC to
>>connect to the database. It was developed using MS Access and SQL Server
>>as the database. However, we would like to run it using PostgreSQL
>>as database engine. While trying to do this I have run into some
>>problems:
>>
>>     1.  The PostgreSQL ODBC driver from odbc.postgresql.org doesn't
>>         seem to support dynasets (which I believe require keyset-driven
>>         cursors). Is there any work on supporting this?
>

> Please try the snapshot dll at http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/
> with checking the *(Trial) Updatable cursors* option.

I already have; it didn't work. This was with the ODBC3 driver
included in the package from odbc.postgresql.org. Perhaps the snapshot
you are mentioning are much never? If so, I'll be willing to test it
again.

regards,
Oskar

--