Re: PostgreSQL mission statement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Chmara
Subject Re: PostgreSQL mission statement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Mercer wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:45:45PM -0400, mlw wrote:
> > Jim Mercer wrote:
> > > too many.
> > I'm sorry I started this thread.
> when i hear "mission statement" and "quality circle" and "internal customer",
> i cringe.
> if the corporate management doesn't want to buy into the Open Source concept,
> fuck 'em.

<trench warfare snippage>

Let's see... open source philosophy applied *into* corporate-speak should
be doable....
1. If you have an itch, scratch it.
2. If you want to know what's going on, use the source, luke!
3. More eyeballs = less bugs.
4. Software should be free (insert debates on speech, beer, use, licence
XYZ vs. ABC, etc., I'm not going to bother).

Hm...firing up my geekspeak->corporate BS translator. :-)

How about:
"PostgreSQL creates a dynamic environment to ensure that all customers
can effectly create highly customized solutions specific to their needs. We
share and collaborate on both problems and solutions by making all
information about our products available. By using this open and exciting
environment, we increase the amount of successful software releases
using advanced concepts of peer review and peer enhancement. We ensure our
ongoing enhancement and improvement through our community, because
our customers are also our creators."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash my mouth out with soap.

-Ronabop