Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Loftis
Subject Re: Vote on SET in aborted transaction
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Hiroshi, we need a psql solution too.  People are feeding query files
>into psql all the time and we should have an appropriate behavior for
>them.
>
>I now understand your point that from a ODBC perspective, you may not
>want SETs rolled back and you would rather ODBC handle what to do with
>SETs.  Not sure I like pushing that job off to the application
>programmer, but I think I see your point.

Ahhh Hiroshi is talkign formt he aspect of ODBC?  Well, thats an ODBC
issue, should be handled by the ODBC driver.  Compliance with ODBC spec
(or non-compliance) is not the issue of PostgreSQL proper.  Thats the
issue of the ODBC driver and it's maintainers (sorry if I'm sounding
like a bastard but heh).

If we start catering to all the different driver layers then we'll end
up with a huge mess.  What we're 'catering' to is the SQLxx specs, and
the expectations of a user when running and developing programs, am I right?