Re: Various issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrea Aime
Subject Re: Various issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Here are some issues:
>
> 3) KDE3 is marvelous
> I now use KDE3 which is a perfect environment. I tried writing some code in
> kDevelop. It seems possible to write code fast... Therefore I am still asking
> myself ***why***we should continue develop pgAdmin on Windows...
>
> To my humble opinion, KDE needs a real database abstraction layer (like
> pgSchema) with a multi-vendor interface. The only solution today is Gnome
> libgda. Unfortunately, libgda is not well-written. A good abstraction layer
> needs inheritence (C++, not C) and XML to handle specfic features of each
> database provider.

Just as a sidenote... have you checked hk_classes,
(http://hk-classes.sourceforge.net/)?
Moreover, latest TOra version seems to support PostgreSQL thru QT
SQL plugins, at least to some extents...
I would really like to see a complete PostgreSQL admin interface
in KDE... :-)
Best regards
Andrea Aime