Re: Allows for commands to be processed iteractively - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: Allows for commands to be processed iteractively
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:

> Fernando Nasser <fnasser@redhat.com> writes:
> >         Allows for some commands to be processed iteractively.
>
> This patch seems to be missing quite a lot, like the node struct
> definition and backend/nodes/*.c support for CreateSchemaStmt.
> Perhaps your intention was not to introduce that yet, but in that
> case I'd suggest not adding any sign of it in this patch.
>
> More to the point, though, what is the reason for restructuring
> pg_exec_query_string this way?  The patch doesn't make any sense
> to me as presented.  I should think that any effort needed for
> CREATE SCHEMA would be over in parser/analyze.c; restructuring
> pg_exec_query_string isn't going to help.

Please see the follow-up patch and things get more clear.

I broke the patch in two to make it easier to access the impact
of each part (I can glue both together again, if desired).

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300